Wednesday 22 January 2014

4 challenges I will face this year.

I thought it was about time I posted again. I have now finished my management module and am starting a research and evaluation module next. Not very inspired at the moment though so I thought I would have a night off studying. It turns out that there is football on the TV so I might as well catch up with my blog.

I have such a lot going on at work I thought it might be a good to list the ideas that I have to promote the use of the schools' library service and at the same time if anyone is reading this they will understand the kind of things that we do.


  1. Introducing a framework for information literacy to teachers to encourage independent learning in the classroom. We ran a course last night and 18 teachers came along to listen to what we had to say. We explained the framework, gave demonstrations on using the school library catalogue and also showed them Britannica. We gave them examples of how they could use this within their curriculum and asked them how they could see it being used. Not everyone will but there was a definite buzz about the place and I am sure that it will lead to interesting conversations in the future. 
  2. Flipped learning is something that I am going to get my head around this year. I have done lots of reading about it but as yet have not been brave enough to do anything. I would really love to work with someone on it but it looks like I will just have to decide what I am going to flip and like this blog just go for it. 
  3. I am going to present at my first teachmeet next month, it really scares me but if that is where the teachers are then I need to be too. 
  4. Finally I will make an effort to use my social media work for marketing the school's library service this year. I will set up a Facebook and twitter account as that is where we need to be.
If that isn't enough I will also be involved in transition literacy, encouraging reading with Tom Palmer and my usual Carnegie and Greenaway groups, teach information literacy classes, support the school libraries and so much more. I love my job and am very lucky to have such challenges every day. Who would not want to be a librarian...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.